- Chante Moore, Claudette Ortiz & Lil Mo: The REAL Divas Of L.A.Posted 3 months ago
- Kontrol Exclusive: A Day in the Life of Model ToccaraPosted 4 months ago
- Meet Kontrol’s Newest ICandy Alvester Martin ( @alwaysalvester)Posted 8 months ago
- The Evolution Of Nick CannonPosted 10 months ago
- Kontrol Presents: The K.Y.D Awards…Kontrol Your Destiny AwardsPosted 11 months ago
- Tika Sumpter (@iamtikasumpter) Opens Up About The Late Whitney Houston And “Sparkle”Posted 1 year ago
- Kontrol Exclusive with Rantz DavisPosted 2 years ago
Blog- Frank Ocean Reveals He’s Gay
Frank Ocean, the rising R&B singer behind the single “Novacane” and the self-released album “Nostalgia ULTRA,” which critics embraced as among the best of 2011. He announced on his Tumblr page Wednesday that his first love was a man! Yes, a man. He also tweeted a link to the post. http://t.co/mP7zEm3a saying, “We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I’d see him, and his smile.
He bravely revealed his life and plenty people stand behind him. Solange Knowles tweets, “I salute you, brave soul. Independence Day. @frank_ocean. Rapper Trina says, “He’s extremely talented and that’s all that matters.
But will the rest of the hip-hop community respond? The 24 year old Ocean, who is part of the hip-hop crew Odd Future and was prominently featured of Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “Watch the Throne” album. There was a point in time when 50 cent, Snoop Dogg, and The Game dominated the industry with their gay slurs.
Nonetheless times do change. Ocean’s announcement was undoubtedly brave and there is still a huge risk for a hip-hop and R&B entertainer, especially a black or Latino one, to come out publicly as a homosexual. Ocean’s decision remains a gamble as we don’t know how his revelation is going to play out down the road as he as received both support and hatred. He received hatred from Twitter users (mostly men) but we still love you over here Frank Ocean.