Ladies, let’s be honest sometimes we shop too much. Now, I know you’re probably thinking spending 2K at one time is no big deal. Well you can look nice, but you don’t have to break the bank to do it.
Less is MORE
When shopping it’s important to remember that “less is more.” Yes, you can actually go shopping, get more and spend less. But before you spend another dollar first take the time to assess your closet.
When you are evaluating your closet it’s important to: identify what you need, identify what you can sell, identify what you can repurpose, and eliminate what you are not wearing. When you think about it selling some of your vintage and designer pieces will allow you to get money to put towards getting more clothes. Also, why buy something new when you can save money by just repurposing what you already have. Lastly, if you’re not wearing it or using it then it’s simply taking up space and dead weight must go. Let’s be honest you don’t need everything you wore decades ago. After assessing your closet you should now have a better idea of what you need.
Get more for your coins and stay on trend
Here are some simple ways to stay on trend without breaking the bank:
- Set a budget and save money every two weeks.
- Make a list and check it twice.
- Check out your local thrift and consignment stores. (Beware some stores can be a bit overpriced. So if it’s not a designer piece you shouldn’t pay too much for it.)
- Go to outlet malls like the “North Georgia Premium Outlet” during peak times in the year where sales are at an all time high.
- Check out the sales rack. “If it’s not a sale honey, you ain’t saving.”
- Stores like Marshall’s and TjMaxx should be your bff.
- I love Saks, but the way my checking account is set up as a college student….I shop at Saksoffoffifth.com
- I love shoes and websites like: “Just Fab,” “Lulu’s,” and “Shoe dazzle.” (You will stay on trend and get more for your coins.)
- Don’t put your eggs in one basket. Go to more than one store and don’t just spend so much at one time or in one store.& I hope this helped, feel free to use anytime and be sure not to tell anyone.