With all the summer time fun that is about to reveal itself, don’t allow your favorite drinks to slow you down! Instead of going to your traditional bar or pub with friends, why not shake up your entertaining skills by creating yumtastic drinks that are not only delicious, but easy to make. Who wants to be stuck behind a bar hosting a party? If you are thinking what I am, then the answer is no. Do you enjoy the taste of succulent fruit such as pineapples, oranges, and melons? Does the sweet taste overcome your mind taking you to a place of pure serenity? Well this cocktail will not only cure your dry throat but also help you feel as one with the palm trees in the Caribbean. Here is my recipe for a tropical drink with a twist. Even though I have not created a name for this drink, it is very good and worth the shade you will experience. Think of it as a cool spot under a sunny beach. Here is a list of instructions that you can use to create this drink too!
- Find a big pitcher at home that is deep enough to handle a cute cocktail. Use about two handfuls of fresh mint and place at the bottom of the pitcher. I love to use fresh mint when making a drink because it has the tendency to bring out the full flavor of the alcohol. Use your favorite brand of white Rum and pour at least 1/2 of the bottle on the mint. Gently stir the mint and Rum. Let the mixture set for at least an hour before adding the next level of flavor.
- In the mean time, use a melon baller and scoop out your favorite melon. I love honeydew melon and watermelon and its perfect for this drink. After scooping up the melon, place them on a plate and allow them to set in the freezer. We are going to use them for garnish.
- The next step is a classic way to infuse fruit into liquor. Open up a can of sliced pineapples and pour the juice and fruit in the mixture. Stir it together so the alcohol can begin to go through the pores of the pineapples.
- The next step is easier then the previous steps and your almost done! Pour in your favorite Citrus Punch until the pitcher is full. For example, I like to use the Minute Maid brand of Citrus Punch because its sweet and tart. For a splash of color, utilize a fruit punch as well. You want to use only enough to change the color.
- Let the finished drink chill in the refrigerator until its time to entertain. Don’t forget about the melon in the freezer! When each drink is served, garnish with ball of melon.