- Chante Moore, Claudette Ortiz & Lil Mo: The REAL Divas Of L.A.Posted 6 months ago
- Kontrol Exclusive: A Day in the Life of Model ToccaraPosted 7 months ago
- Meet Kontrol’s Newest ICandy Alvester Martin ( @alwaysalvester)Posted 11 months ago
- The Evolution Of Nick CannonPosted 1 year ago
- Kontrol Presents: The K.Y.D Awards…Kontrol Your Destiny AwardsPosted 1 year ago
- Tika Sumpter (@iamtikasumpter) Opens Up About The Late Whitney Houston And “Sparkle”Posted 1 year ago
- Kontrol Exclusive with Rantz DavisPosted 3 years ago
The Evolution Of Nick Cannon
Kontrol Magazine sat down exclusively with cover boy, Nick Cannon, wearing Missoni for the “Make It Better” Issue…this is the first of 3 covers. Nick isn’t the same lanky guy that starred in “Love Don’t Cost A Thing”. “Wildin Out” on MTV or the over cocky guy in Drumline…he has most certainly evolved right before our very eyes.
The 31 year old, has been through a lot this past year. Earlier in 2012, Cannon was hospitalized for mild kidney failure and was diagnosed with lupus nephritis, followed by another medical visit weeks later due to blood clots in his lungs, forcing Nick to give up his New York City radio gig and focus more on his health.
How’s his health now? “I’m doing good. I’m doing a lot better than I was. I was on my death bed, but the doctor said I got a clean bill of health, I’m healthier than I’ve ever been before.
Check out a few snippets of his interview below:
Nick’s take on fashion
“I believe fashion is all about making a statement. Whenever you put something on as long as it’s saying something…You play with colors and textures it’s all about really just making that statement.” And when the topic of designers comes up? Cannon says without hesitation, “Right now I’d have to go with Tom Ford. The fact that he kind of goes over the top but still knows how to keep it classy.”
His advice for Roc and Roe
Roe: “If you respect yourself, [men] will respect you. As soon as you give away your dignity, whatever you believe that to be, that’s when people will start to treat you as such.
Roc: “Go hard! Simple. Whatever it is. Just don’t be mediocre at anything. Anything you try, try to be the best you can possible be.”
Find out what the secret to his marriage is, his insecurities and more advice for his lovely Monroe (something that I could definitely agree on) in the new issue hitting stands March. 4th. Pick it up at your local Barnes and Nobles.
Shot by Jonavennci Divad and styled by Julian Lark