- Chante Moore, Claudette Ortiz & Lil Mo: The REAL Divas Of L.A.Posted 3 months ago
- Kontrol Exclusive: A Day in the Life of Model ToccaraPosted 4 months ago
- Meet Kontrol’s Newest ICandy Alvester Martin ( @alwaysalvester)Posted 8 months ago
- The Evolution Of Nick CannonPosted 10 months ago
- Kontrol Presents: The K.Y.D Awards…Kontrol Your Destiny AwardsPosted 11 months ago
- Tika Sumpter (@iamtikasumpter) Opens Up About The Late Whitney Houston And “Sparkle”Posted 1 year ago
- Kontrol Exclusive with Rantz DavisPosted 2 years ago
Urban Safari: Women’s Spring fashion 2012
With spring fashion on the rise, a horde of new trends have exploded onto runways. The most notable of these styles is the safari look, which gives us a much needed escape from the previous pandemonium of the polka dot and pastel trends that carried into the New Year. As an explorer of the urban jungle, animal print is a must but not your only option. Designers; Michael Kors, Max Azria, and Haider Ackermann create heart stopping drama on the runway, giving new hope for what defines fashion this spring… color!
Neutrals serve as the canvas for plunging necklines, belted dresses, and bright billowing scarves that fall just short of being capes, and as a hero of fashion this season, why shouldn’t he have them? Michael Kors’s spring collection offers slimming day dresses and knee-high sandals with an almost gladiator feel. Army printed sun dresses, belted bodysuits, and croc texture cross-body bags channel a mix of Sex and the City and Rambo. If this is the standard for Michael’s spring collection, then fall and winter are sure winners. If Xena Warrior Princess were into fashion, she’d raid Max Azria’s showroom this spring. His collection for Herve Leger features sexy amazon-party-girl dresses that are nothing short of amazing. Tight sheath dresses and jackets with metal detailing along the bust are ferociously fabulous, and will bring out your inner glamazon.
Boyishly sexy clothes in sheer and metallic hues make Haider Ackermann’s spring collection something you don’t want to miss out on. Its aesthetic is a plus for those of you who love wearing your boyfriend’s blazer and slacks. Oversized metallic bodysuits with tuxedo lapels created a crisp but relaxed resort look for slim willowy figures, while sheer hooded tops under leather vests give an edgy but slightly elegant bohemian feel. While, the latter of you may opt for something that hugs the frame, this collection offers infinite possibilities for those of you who aren’t afraid to take a few risks.