- Chante Moore, Claudette Ortiz & Lil Mo: The REAL Divas Of L.A.Posted 3 months ago
- Kontrol Exclusive: A Day in the Life of Model ToccaraPosted 4 months ago
- Meet Kontrol’s Newest ICandy Alvester Martin ( @alwaysalvester)Posted 8 months ago
- The Evolution Of Nick CannonPosted 10 months ago
- Kontrol Presents: The K.Y.D Awards…Kontrol Your Destiny AwardsPosted 12 months ago
- Tika Sumpter (@iamtikasumpter) Opens Up About The Late Whitney Houston And “Sparkle”Posted 1 year ago
- Kontrol Exclusive with Rantz DavisPosted 2 years ago
When the Ex Returns
Everyone has that special someone that has captured their heart in a way that no one else has successfully been able to. There is typically a form of passion and desire for the other person that is usually a reason for pause. More times than not, this person’s status moves from being your “Boo” to your “Ex”, but the internal flame between the two does not immediately die out, if it ever at all.
So, what do you do when the Ex returns into your life? It is usually a guarantee that when they come back, and they always do, life will not be as simple as it was before. You may have moved out of town, you may be in
another relationship, they may be married, or your lives may have simply taken
opposite routes. Here are some key things to think about before you uproot your life and move, divorce your current spouse, or break up with the promising new beau that you’ve been dating for a few months.
1) Why did you break up in the first place? Was it because he was selfish, jealous, a
ladies’ man, or lacked career ambition? Well, I hate to break the news to you, but it is unlikely that these things would have changed.
2) Did he leave you for another woman? If so, he will leave you again. Keep in mind that he left you because you are not the one for him, even though he may be that one for you. Don’t fall prey again.
3) Does everything on his social media site seem perfect? Everyone’s site on Facebook seems to depict the “perfect” image of that person. Don’t spend too much time thinking “What If” because there is always the truth behind the pretty pictures on their profile page.
4) Does your Ex now have an Ex-Wife or
additional children since you have broken up with him? If so, please understand that these elements are additional baggage that you did not have to contend with in your prior relationship. Time limitations and
understanding that you are not the most
important being in your Ex’s life can be a bit more than some can handle. Especially if you were used to your Ex daunting over you.
One thing is for sure, after the break up, we typically only remember the hot steamy
sexual affairs, and we block out the majority of the arguments, frustrations, and
depressing evenings wondering where your love interest really was spending his time.
Let’s just say, your Ex is your Ex for a reason. Do not let the fiery past, instant messages on Facebook, and the questions of “What if” turn your direction backwards versus moving forward. My suggestion to all is to let the past stay in the past and move on.